Curry Arts provides scholarships for art students in Curry County. There are two scholarship opportunities:
- Scholarship for art classes at Southwestern Oregon Community College: An art scholarship opportunity for Gold Beach High School students
In 2014, Curry Arts began offering two scholarships each term to Gold Beach High School students to enroll in an art course at the Southwestern Oregon Community College (SWOCC) Center, located at the fairgrounds in Gold Beach.
In addition to covering the registration and fees for a one-credit hour class, we will also pay for a “starter kit” that includes good quality paints and brushes for the Watercolor Basics class taught by Dauna Roberts. Dauna puts the kits together at cost for her students and Curry Arts will cover up to $150 for the kit the first time a student enrolls in the class.
Our intention is to increase the art opportunities for our high school students in addition to increasing the enrollment in the local SWOCC classes.
Curry Arts President Theresa Hendrix, who works in the main office at Gold Beach High School, coordinates the program. If you are a student or know a student who would like to take advantage of this opportunity, please contact Theresa at Gold Beach High School.
- Curry Arts Art Scholarship
This award is available to students beginning their sophomore year and beyond, including graduate school and post-graduate certification.
Student applicants for this scholarship must:
- Be a graduate of Gold Beach High School
- Have completed their freshman year of formal instruction in an accredited institution
- Be a declared major in the fine or applied arts (such as painting, sculpture, or ceramics), or a related field of art study (such as commercial art, film/video production, computer graphics, art history, art education, or art therapy)
- Have earned a minimum G.P.A. of 2.5
This scholarship is awarded through the Gold Beach Educational Fund.
This is a Merit Scholarship. Financial Information is not required. You may skip the Financial Information section of the application.
To download the application, go to: www.goldbeacheducationalfund.org
- select “Scholarship Information” from the menu on the left
- select “Scholarships for Continuing Education Students” from the menu
- scroll down to select “scholarship application”
- download and complete the application