Our weekly Thursday Art Meet-Up will begin again this Thursday, January 10th, 2019 after a brief break during the holidays.
The weekly meet-ups happen every Thursday from 4-6 p.m. in the Gold Beach High School art room and welcome artists of all levels who want to gather with the purpose of creating and sharing art and crafts.
Meet at the door off the parking lot behind the school and closest to the gym for entrance. Please park in the back of the high school and use the rear entrance to reach the art classroom. We will lock the exterior door at 4:15pm so if you arrive late, just text us. Click here for a map to the location: Gold Beach High School map Bring your own supplies and join us!
The sessions are generally unstructured, although we may set up a still-life or provide a theme for inspiration, and are intended to simply provide a time, a place, and the motivation to be creative. Bring your own materials and join us!
Additional upcoming events:
- Saturday, January 12th, we are planning a workshop which we have ambitiously titled “Making Art Happen.” It will be held in the main meeting area of the Curry Public Library from 10-noon. We will be sharing tips to keep you inspired and motivated, demonstrating how to make a “Pocket Palette” so art is always within reach, and discussing the hows and whys of artist journaling. Whether you are an established artist or just an art hobbyist, we welcome you to share your own ideas, tips, and demonstrations of how you make art a habit in your life. If you have art journals or sketchbooks that you would like to show, we would love to see them!
- Saturday, February 9th at the Curry Public Library from 10-noon . We are hoping to bring in artist Dana Nelson to give a workshop on the art of Zentangle, a fun and relaxing way to create drawings with patterns. Dana creates beautiful pen and ink drawings and you can learn more about her Brookings shop, Wildwood, and view examples of Dana’s work here. The cost for this 2 hour workshop will be no more than $10 per person and will include supplies. Let us know if you are interested so we can make plans.
- Saturday, February 9th afternoon, we are planning a “field trip” to the 14th Annual Winter Art & Chocolate Festival. We’ll carpool down to Brookings where we can explore and support the work of local artists….and quite probably indulge in a bit of chocolate as well. More details to follow but if you have questions now, let us know.
To keep everyone informed, we have set up Facebook pages for both Curry Arts and for our affiliated group, Gold Beach Art Enthusiasts. Find and Like Us to keep up with our events and activities at https://www.facebook.com/groups/325076734710812/.
You may contact Julie Wilson email@example.com or Janee Lensing firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and keep an eye on this website ongoing news and membership information.
Hope to see you at an art event soon!
About Gold Beach Art Enthusiasts
In October, 2018 Curry Arts, Inc. formed an Arts Outreach Committee with several specific goals:
- Support artists of all levels and increase the presence of and appreciation for art within our community
- Expand on and develop inclusive opportunities for community members to engage with many types of art and craft mediums
- Develop and implement art-focused activities and events as a means for community learning, social interaction, and wellness